Formula 1 team - Oracle Red Bull Racing [RB18]

Novosti o vozačima i timovima, glasine...

Moderatori/ce: F1NAC,Zweki,Scuderia,Cuky,47,gringo73

Odgovori
gjoko-mkd
Svjetski prvak
Svjetski prvak
Ja sam: Vozač
Navijam za: Ferari

Re: Formula 1 team - Aston Martin Red Bull Racing [RB16]

Post Postao/la gjoko-mkd »

Odličnu analizu za strućnjaka koji nikad ne pogađa....

https://the-race.com/formula-1/red-bull ... ws.twitter
Cuky
Navijam za: Ferrari

Post Postao/la Cuky »

popeye je napisao/la: 22 vel 2020, 13:46
Cuky je napisao/la: 22 vel 2020, 12:32
gjoko-mkd je napisao/la: 22 vel 2020, 11:37 neznam šta se može dogoditi da se ovaj redosljed promeni....neki harikiri ili slično nešto
vidjet ćemo... prošle godine su svi bili uvjereni da je RB jači od Mercedesa, a Ferrari još kojih 0.5s ispred... pa smo došli u Australiju i skužili da stručnjaci zapravo pričaju samo ono što im paše da napumpaju napetost i poberu više publike
ovde je razlika sto sam sef Ferarija Binoto downplaya svoj tim. I to radi jos od pre mesec dana. E sad jedino ako on laze sam sebe...

usput imali su taj kvar na motoru sa kojim se jos ne zna sta se desilo i poslat je u Maranelo na analizu.
I prošle godine su isto tako dizali hype i očekivanja izjavama kako je sve i bolje od očekivanog, pospremali se sa staze i prije isteka vremena jer su bili "gotovi sa planiranim za taj dan"... i onda došla Australija pa odjednom "što sad". Ako ove godine budu jaki ili najjači onda će ovo biti perfektno odrađeno maskiranje performansi. Ako ne budu najjači uvijek ostaje "to smo očekivali nakon testiranja"
“Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul.”

slika
zonelsk
Veteran
Veteran
Navijam za: FA

Post Postao/la zonelsk »

A da probate naucit da si ovo testovi? I k tome tek prva polovica je gotovo ova?
I like to race, not to do laps alone.
Cuky

Post Postao/la Cuky »

Red Bull je objavio kako će svoje pogone na 3 tjedna zatvoriti počevši sa 27. Ožujkom
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullr ... t-covid-19

slika
popeye
Veteran
Veteran
Navijam za: Mad Max

Post Postao/la popeye »

Max: However, the most important thing is that we are going to fight for the world title and that is why I want to go out again as soon as possible.

Verstapen samouveren. Idemooooooooo :vibro:
slika
"Drivers don't come to the race track to make friends. You come here to get the trophy."
popeye
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la popeye »

Marko opens up on Hamilton's fake quotes reaction

Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko says that Lewis Hamilton's angry reaction to quotes that were wrongly attributed to him was "understandable", as he revealed the matter had now been dealt with privately.
Hamilton issued strongly-worded posts on social media on Wednesday criticising Marko after incorrectly believing the Austrian had claimed the world champion had been distracted from his F1 focus by his support of the Black Lives Matter campaign.

However, it quickly emerged that Marko had never made such comments, and the website that had published the remarks confessed later that it had taken them from a parody Twitter account.

When Hamilton was informed that the Marko quotes were made up, he quickly removed the posts from his channels. He has yet to make any further public statement over the matter.

Marko says he was completely taken aback when the controversy first broke on Wednesday, and couldn't understand what had happened when he was first contacted by Red Bull's press officer.

"She asked me what I really said in the interview," Marko told Motorsport.com. "I didn't even know what she was talking about. That's when it all started. It completely caught me by surprise."

German broadcaster RTL, which had been wrongly attributed as being the source of the quotes, was also brought into the matter as it had to pore through its archive to check that he had never made such remarks during a series of interviews that had been conducted on June 5.

Once RTL was sure the quotes were fake, the Red Bull team and Marko himself then separately contacted Hamilton.

"[Christian] Horner sent an SMS to Hamilton," said Marko. "He erased his posts."

Marko himself later sent an email to Hamilton, to which he says the Mercedes driver "also replied".

While Marko will not reveal what Hamilton wrote, he said that as far as he was concerned, the matter was dealt "in good faith".

Reflecting on the events, Marko said that he could sympathise with Hamilton being annoyed if he had believed he was being criticised for his recent stance on racism.

"He is emotionally very involved," added Marko. "As a racing driver, he is not obliged to do research whether this is true or not. In that respect, his reaction is understandable to me."

What Marko found less excusable was the way a website had reported completely made-up quotes to misrepresent him and the Red Bull team.

"That was tedious," he said. "I didn't realize what damage something like this could do and how fast it spreads. You can take this as an example of how an overly hysterical view is not helpful in the bigger picture.

"Thank God most journalists research what is really going on. RTL told me that they were bombarded with requests for four hours. And when it was clear that this was fake news, hardly anyone wrote anything about it."

Marko also thinks it "absurd" for people to think he was racist as the controversy first played out.

"I am not a racist," he said. "We have employees in our team from I don't know how many nations. This has always been the case in our junior program, too. And in my company I have employees from about 15 nationalities and X continents."
slika
"Drivers don't come to the race track to make friends. You come here to get the trophy."
popeye
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la popeye »

najgore od svega sto Albon ne bi ni pobedio jer mu se desio isti kvar kakav je i Max imao. a japanci ne znaju sta je :( a trka za 6 dana
slika
zonelsk
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la zonelsk »

popeye je napisao/la: 06 srp 2020, 14:01 najgore od svega sto Albon ne bi ni pobedio jer mu se desio isti kvar kakav je i Max imao. a japanci ne znaju sta je :( a trka za 6 dana
Zbog zanimljivosti ove sezone, iskreno se nadam da ce to brzo fixati.
popeye
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la popeye »

ma ja sam vec otpisao sezonu
slika
popeye
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la popeye »

slika

sta je fly wheel?
slika
popeye
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la popeye »

evo nam novog obrta
“U teoriji oba mesta u Mercedesu su slobodna, jasno je da jedno pripada Hamiltonu ukoliko ga on želi, dok je Valtteri ovom pobedom sve bliži ostanku. Meni je najbitnije da nađem okruženje koje mi odgovara. Poslednjih nekoliko godina bile su zabavne u Ferrariju, ali takođe to me je koštalo i puno snage.” dodao je Nemac.

Ipak, on priznaje da je ovo nova situacija za njega, pošto još nema mesto za narednu sezonu.

“Da, ovo je nova situacija za mene. Briga me za novac. Kažem, mnogo mi je bitnije okruženje u kakvom ću da radim. Pitao sam i Helmuta Marka za savet. Objasnio sam mu situaciju. Bio sam u mogućnosti da razgovaram sa njim i videćete kakav će to rezultat doneti.” kazao je Vettel.
a pre neki dan sam nasao ovo
Max said two winner guys in one team could definitely work like it did with Daniel
slika
zonelsk
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la zonelsk »

popeye je napisao/la: 07 srp 2020, 11:57 slika

sta je fly wheel?
Kod nas se to zove "zamasnjak".
evo videa sa objasnjenjem.

popeye
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la popeye »

joj ja nemam pojma kako se ovde zove prvi put cujem za ovo. ali vidim da ima neke veze sa motorom. eh japanac podbacio :<>
slika
popeye
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la popeye »

Cuky je napisao/la: 20 kol 2020, 07:48 Nije samo Renault kriv za pad, isto kao što nije samo Honda bila kriva za probleme McLarena.
RB je do 2013 dominiro. Ponavljam ne pobedjivo vec dominiro. A onda od 2014 kad su se promenila pravila oko motora tacnije uveli hibridi jedan drugi tim je isplivo a RB pao i do danas se nije oporavio. Sta zaboravili su praviti sasiju ili sve to ipak pocinje od motora.
slika
Cuky

Post Postao/la Cuky »

2014. nisu se promijenila pravila samo za motore, promijenila su se i pravila oko aerodinamike. I onda opet 2017. I Red Bull nije niti jednom napravio bolid sposoban za više od koje pobjede, a praktički svake godine se muče na početku sezone i tek kasnije bolid proradi.

slika
popeye
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la popeye »

kako ce napraviti kad nema motor koji ce to gurati? Renoov je bio slab a ni Hondin nije jos na nivou Mercedesa. Lako je Totu imaju najsnazniji motor i onda mogu dizajnirati bolid sa masom DF. Ni jedan drugi tim nema taj luksuz. Uostalom zapitaj se zasto Mercedes (a i Ferari) nije pristao da prodaje motore Red Bulu mozda zato sto ne znaju da prave sasiju :lol2:
slika
vidc
Veteran
Veteran
Navijam za: Scuderia Ferrari

Post Postao/la vidc »

Red bullova dominacija nikad nije bila ovako izražena kao mercedesova. Recimo 2013. su tek u drugoj polovici dominirali, kad su se promijenile gume. Red bull je imao jedan super trik u rukavu, a to je EBD. Nakon toga nikad nisu bili blizu ijednog naslova. A ovaj mercedes preživljava i ostaje na vrhu kroz sve promjene. Ili imaju trik koji još nije zabranjen ili su jednostavno toliko jaki na svakom polju
zonelsk
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la zonelsk »

vidc je napisao/la: 20 kol 2020, 13:23 Red bullova dominacija nikad nije bila ovako izražena kao mercedesova. Recimo 2013. su tek u drugoj polovici dominirali, kad su se promijenile gume. Red bull je imao jedan super trik u rukavu, a to je EBD. Nakon toga nikad nisu bili blizu ijednog naslova. A ovaj mercedes preživljava i ostaje na vrhu kroz sve promjene. Ili imaju trik koji još nije zabranjen ili su jednostavno toliko jaki na svakom polju
EBD koji im je renault omogucio.
popeye
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la popeye »

vidc je napisao/la: 20 kol 2020, 13:23 Red bullova dominacija nikad nije bila ovako izražena kao mercedesova. Recimo 2013. su tek u drugoj polovici dominirali, kad su se promijenile gume. Red bull je imao jedan super trik u rukavu, a to je EBD. Nakon toga nikad nisu bili blizu ijednog naslova. A ovaj mercedes preživljava i ostaje na vrhu kroz sve promjene. Ili imaju trik koji još nije zabranjen ili su jednostavno toliko jaki na svakom polju
da, ebd je zabranjen. ali ti atmosferski motori su bili priblizni nije bilo odstupanja ko sada. a Njui je rekao da su pravila oko aerodinamike sada takva da je zaista tesko nadoknaditi deficit motora. Japanci su priznali da zaostaju. mislim neke stvari su ucinjene da bi se prekinula dominacija RB i u tome su uspeli. ali sada druga ekipa dominira i ne cine nista da je zaustave, tu i tamo nesto sitno ali glavni adut je njihov motor ko sto je i Ferariju ahilova peta bila Bridgestone gume. iskreno kolko sam shvatio ovi motori ostaju do 2025 i ne verujem da ce se stanje promeniti osim ako ne zabrane nesto "to nesto" sto im donosi prednost u Mercovom motoru. ja mislim da je to neki trik koji FIA sada pokusava da otkrije ovim restrikcijama i malo po malo stegne obruc kako bi se Mercova prednost anulirala.
slika
zonelsk
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la zonelsk »

A sto ako je Mercedesov motor 100% legalan?
Vuksa_KC
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la Vuksa_KC »

zonelsk je napisao/la: 20 kol 2020, 17:01 A sto ako je Mercedesov motor 100% legalan?
Znači da će svaki drugi biti "ilegalan" ako se približi.

To će se naravno kao i prošle godine, politički rješavati.
vidc
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la vidc »

zonelsk je napisao/la: 20 kol 2020, 14:25
EBD koji im je renault omogucio.
Koliko se sjećam ideja je bila red bullova i kao takvu su je najbolje koristili...možda sam u krivu. U svakom slučaju, kad je trik zabranjen i red bullova prednost je nestala
Vuksa_KC
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la Vuksa_KC »

Nestala je (kakva takva mogućnost) i ove godine sa zabranjenim trikom kod ERS-a, a valjda su shvatili da im je to fino smjestio Wolff - isti onaj koji je preko njihovih leđa išao rušiti Ferrari prošle godine, a oni svi sretni kako su otkrili lopova i 'thats what happens when you cheat'.
vidc
Veteran
Veteran

Post Postao/la vidc »

može malo detaljnije??
gjoko-mkd
Svjetski prvak
Svjetski prvak
Navijam za: Ferari

Post Postao/la gjoko-mkd »

Ovo js kopirano sa mesta odakle pozajmljuje i kolega Popaj.... :biggrin:
Spying in F1. Following in the footsteps of a business that left Mercedes without rivals in 2020.

”The revenge is sweet and doesn’t gain weight”, said Alfred Hitchcock. Toto Wolff got all the right moves in 2020, by shooting 2 rabbits – the most important ones – both at once.

To get this right he convinced the first rabbit to get a deadly weapon and attack the second rabbit, which was considered more dangerous. The first rabbit: Red Bull Racing. The second rabbit: Scuderia Ferrari.

On October 22, 2019, Red Bull sent a letter, through Chief Engineer Paul Moneghan, to the FIA to ask clarifications regarding the gasoline flow and and the way it’s measured from the tank fuel to the engine. Moneghan was worried about the way the signals of the flow meter were sent, signals which are sent at an interval of 1 second. It was further suggested that between the sensors arranged along the petrol lines there would be immeasurable spaces where small amounts of fuel could be stored that could be used later, or that in those spaces the flow would exceed the limit imposed by the FIA of 100kg/h. A new point of talk: can electrical signals be sent to interfere with the frequency at which the measurement points transmit signals to the flow meter and thus exceed the limit of 100kg/h ?
What is certain is that the checks that were initially carried out by the FIA did not lead to any illegal aspect of the Italian Power Unit. If in USA, at Austin, Leclerc ran a used spec 2, then at Interlagos with a new Power Unit he was 0.3s ahead of everyone in the Qualifying until he made a driving error in the final sector. And in Abu Dhabi, on the two straight lines of the midfield sector the SF90 played again in another league, gaining only there 0.6s.
In the meantime, the FIA had taken another step to clarify the situation. Firstly, the DT 038/19 was transmitted to the teams on November 13 and it prohibited the use of any flammable liquid used at the ERS System and Intercooler in the combustion process, just as the introduction of any other liquid into the combustion chambers through the intake manifold is prohibited. In addition, two days later, the FIA requested the teams to send detailed reports on the used lubricants ( from their destination, to the used amount and the composition of the lubricants ). After the Brazilian GP, an FIA thenical commission took from three cars ( a Ferrari, a Haas and a Red Bull ) several components of the fuel system that were sent to the FIA laboratories for a detailed analysis.
Shortly after the “seizure” of the components of the fuel system of the three cars, the FIA issued the Tehnical Directive 039/19. Through it, the teams were required to equip their cars with a second petrol flow meter which is directly controlled by the FIA, the teams not being able to acces the data transmitted by it. After the Grand Prix that ended the season, a complete Ferrari Power Unit was transported to the FIA laboratories to be intensively tested. 3 months later after this last act, the FIA issued a meaningless communique: “ The FIA announces that, after thorough technical investigations, it has concluded its analysis of the operation of the Scuderia Ferrari Formula 1 Power Unit and reached a settlement with the team. The specifics of the agreement will remain between the parties.The FIA and Scuderia Ferrari have agreed to a number of technical commitments that will improve the monitoring of all Formula 1 Power Units for forthcoming championship seasons as well as assist the FIA in other regulatory duties in Formula 1 and in its research activities on carbon emissions and sustainable fuels. “
The text of statement does not state in any way that Ferrari used anything illegally, but at the same time does not confirm that the Italian Power Unit was in accordance with the regulations. In an article I published in early March 2020, before the start of the season that was to take place in Melbourne, I highlighted certain aspects that are now confirmed.
That October 22 request contained to much detail that it was impossible for Red Bull to know so much just by squeezing their brains or Honda’s best engineers. It was needed more than that. This brings us to something that is starting to look like the famous 2007 Spygate.
The people who repeatedly investigated the Italian Power Unit during 2019, could not find anything illegal. Even in the early stages of that “thorough” research, nothing remarkable could be discovered. Then suddenly a revelation took place.

Through the close relationship build over time with two of the most important people in the post war Italian motosport press, we were able to find out some things that go beyond the stage of speculation. The discussion can be summarized in a few sentences:
• The Ferrari tehnical team had full confidence in their concept, which was in terms of issues in the gray area of the regulation, but without the detailed technical plans this could not be discovered by someone who was not part of that group of engineers who worked directly on its development
• Camilleri and Binotto's acceptance of the 2021 regulation in a form that does not suit Mercedes and Ferrari's veto over the election of Toto Wolff at the helm of the FIA have suddenly hit the solid relations between the strongest / richest teams in the sport.
• thus Ferrari turned an ally into a formidable enemy; Wolff, like Andy Cowell's engineers, understood that PU Ferrari uses some tricks at the limit of the regulation that are not related to the common practice, but they did not manage to find out what is the secret behind the best engine in 2018 and 2019
• it was searched a way to find out this secret, and the most effective method was the “mole from inside” , which in the end lead to a dubious leak of the Italian PU plans which started controversies at the end of the 2019 season
• Wolff, now allied with RBR, left them the "pleasure" of the direct attack that materialized in that document of October 22, 2019
• with that very detailed request, Nicolas Tombazis took some quick action (the technical directives mentioned above), but his people could not decipher whether Ferrari was actually doing what is stated in the explanatory request, and if they were doing it, how exactly was it practiced?
• through a third party,a detailed documentation of how those tricks were applied reached to the FIA, which now had what it had been looking for; only that the method by which it arrived at them and the fact that in order to reveal certain details that the investigated PU touched some gray areas presupposed the revelation of some constructive details, as I mentioned something above; "Look for someone outside the FIA to find out the answer," said a senior engineer from a team other than the three involved.
• looking at all all the issues, the FIA leadership decided: the best way to move on is to end this litigation from which it would have emerged more wrinkled, and the long-term consequences could not be suspected; how the Ferrari management proved to be flexible, accepting certain conditions (see details above), a kind of compromise was reached that is only partially to the liking of Mercedes and RBR who announced that they are considering the possibility of contesting this FIA-Ferrari agreement;

From that moment ( March 2020 ) and till now, new details have come to the surface, completing a picture that looks like an industrial spying. Firstly was the behavior of the red car in the test from Barcelona where on the straight lines it proved strangely slow. This in the conditions in which in the last two years the Ferrari had been the best in this department. Michael Schmidt, the last old school journalist reminiscent of Jenks, was the first to predict that Ferrari had to desing, to build and to test in less than 3 months a completely new Power Unit that needs to find new solutions that would compensate for the things that FIA had blocked through the series of technical directives. A first evolution of this Power Unit, with the internal code 065, had to start in June, and its objective was to fill the lack of an effective mapping Q3 mode, which was missing from Ferrari’s arsenal. Thus, at the Austrian Grand Prix, the two Ferrari drivers, as well as the Haas and Alfa Romeo ones, received the weakest unit on the grid. One that according to the GPS data has a deficit of 40HP compared to Mercedes in Q3 and 20HP compared to Honda. At the end of the last season, the GPS data indicated a 30HP advantage of the Ferrari Power Unit over the rivals from Mercedes in qualifying. As the regulations forbids the development of the PU for the rest of the season, the Italians’ hopes are based on the work of Gualtieri’s technicians for 2021.

On June 4, the FIA issued four more technical directives. One of the hit Ferrari once more, cutting the last syncope they could use to avoid that fuel flow limit. But another one hit Honda as well quite hard, cancelling their main advantage. Let’s explain. The technical directive 018/2020 refers to an update that will be brought to the sensor provided by IVT that measures the level of electricity delivered by the ERS system to the driven wheels. Until now, the measuring point was before the MGU-K ( which transmits to the wheels the energy resulting from the recoveries performed by the MGU-H and MGU-K ). From now on, through what has been improperly called “ sensor update “, the measurement will be also made at a point after the MGU-K, on the route followed from this unit to the wheels. There has been a suspicion in the past that some teams have managed to fool this sensor for certain short periods of time by delivering more than the 120KW ( 163 HP ) allowed by the FIA. After the 2018 Silverstone GP, Red Bull began to suspect that this is what Ferrari is doing. But this time the situation is reversed. The Scuderia would have appealed to the FIA representatives, what the Italian press calls “ sancta sanctorum “, and revealed some possible secrets of theirs, but at the same time inducing the suspicion that Red Bull is guided by the old proverb “ the thief shouts the thief “. Thus, Ferrari suspects that the Honda PU, through a Red Bull trick, “steals electricity” from time to time. On a normal track this is less visible and does not gain as much in terms of lap time. But on tracks at altitude ( Austria, Mexico, Brazil ) the contribution of the electric part makes the difference in conditions in which the classic engine is penalized by the amount of low oxygen. In combination with a smaller turbine that spins faster, rising to 12k rpm, the delivery for a few moements of an electric boost that exceeds the legal limit of 120KW matters.

For now, due to the complexity of manufacturing the new sensor, such sensors were ready in time only to be mounted on the teams’ cars that finished in top three in the 2019 season rankings. So in the first three races only Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull ran with the new IVT device. “ Red Bull always has an advantage on high altitude circuits “, said a Mercedes engineer for Auto Motor und Sport in November 2019. From this we concluded that Honda has an advantage ahead of use on the electric side, the only one that is not affected by the thin air. But the surprise came at the Styrian GP. Red Bull chose to run with a thinner, lower drag wing to compensate the lack of momentum on some of the full throttle area. Where does the lack of power on those straight lines come from? It derives from the inferiority of the ERS System, which at the end of the straight line between turns 3 and 4 runs out of breath, because the battery is already empty.

Red Bull were great on the three altitude tracks in 2019 and the telemetry data would indicate that on some short parts of straights the strength of the Japanese Power Unit was almost the same level as that of the Ferrari 064 standard. In addition, the Red Bull Ring is one of the few tracks where the driver cannot use the 163HP throughout the lap, because he is accelerating to the floor for 79% of the lap time. Thus, at the end of some straight lines, the computer cuts off the power supply just before the driver lifts his foot out of the gas pedal. The Mercedes system proved to be more efficient than the Honda in terms of energy recovery for the first time after 2018, so Hamilton and Bottas had available for a longer time the boost of 163HP ( equivalent here to 3s/lap in theory ). With that, the first rabbit that I was talking about was seriously injured.

Now back to the big trophy, Ferrari. The technical directive 020/2020 came to clarify how the flow meter “reads” the fuel flow in the moments when the engine is running only partially. Later, its text was incorporated in a summary and in the technical regulation. Thus, when the engine develops up to 50KW, the maximum flow is limited to 10kg/h. If it exceeds over 50KW then the flow is calculated according to the following formula: 0.257 x engine power ( in KW ) + 22.85. This ended a practice that Mercedes suspected to be used since 2018: in partial load, the driver injected gasoline up to 100kg/h, but it was not fully used, but it was stored during the fuel system up to the injectors. The method would have been used in the outlaps of Q2 and Q3. When the Ferrari driver started the main lap, he had at his disposal at certain moments of choice a larger amount of fuel to inject into the combustion chamber. Thus the power suddenly increased and the lap time was dropping down. This was the last nail in the coffin.

How did this situation happened? As several insiders noted, the RBR’s explanatory request ( of which only some excerpts were made public ) contained details indicating that only someone from the inside of the team could provide such accurate and detailed information. Toto Wolff wanted to be the new boss of the FIA after Jean Todt’s term will end in December 2021. But Ferrari has vetoed it. “ Wolff would like to become the new Bernie”, said Pino Allievi in a written survey for Autosprint in April. Ferrari blocked his way, after the opposition of the Scuderia, also operating changes regarding the conditions of eligibility of an FIA president. Alfred Neuebauer’s successor did not like this, who from that moment had a plan. He needed allies for this. At Paul Ricard 2019, the Scuderia’s team of lawyers accompanied Louis Camilleri to his discussions with Chase Carey and Ross Brawn.

From the information obtained by the Italian press, then it was made a deal whose essence was as follows: Ferrari does not carry on the Vettel-Canada case at the conclusion of the new Concorde Agreement and it will receive that special bonus of 100 million dollars, a total of 38% of the total amount offered to the teams will get in Scuderia’s account, still accepting some compromises on the technical side. A few months later, Ferrari went on the FIA’s side in the fight between the organization led by Jean Todt and Mercedes & Red Bull, validating the new technical regulations, which brought the most radical changes in the history of sport. From this point Wolff had all the advantages to unleash the carefully planned revenge. It was necessary to penetrate that very opaque structure of Scuderia, structure made by people who knew the secret behind the force of that Ferrari Power Unit in 2018 and 2019. Maurizio Arrivabene was removed at the end of 2018 in the classic Ferrari style, but some of his allies remained in Scuderia’s yard. Few, but faithful and willing to take risks. Lorenzo Sassi, head of the Power Unit department until the summer of 2017, was brutally removed by Sergio Marchionne. He was hired by Mercedes immediately after the mandatory 6 month break. Under his leadership, his replacement Corrado Iotti, and chief designer Enrico Gualtieri, with the support of Lucio Calogero and Guido di Paolo ( both suspected being behind the testing of ideas about the Ferrari hybrid on the chassis of 488GTB at Fiorano ), began that evolution that goes an unorthodox way with a central purpose to exploatate the grey areas of the regulations, in a way that reminds of the controversial 1994 season. Sassi passed on to Andy Cowell almost everything he knew at the time of May 2017, when those ideas were only in the project phase. When the GPS data revealed that Ferrari enjoys a small advantage over the competition in early 2018, the people from Bixworth understood that the Italian wasn’t kidding. Starting with Silverstone 2018, the gap to Ferrari has become worrying, but they could still be catched. It is just that in 2019, the team led now by Gualtieri has refined its method and the gap has doubled. Even since Hockenheim 2018, Cowell’s technicians knew what Ferrari’s methods were to dribble the regulations and for the beginning they “ revealed them by mistake “ in the German press, in Auto Motor und Sport. But they had no evidence to prove it.

Only after Arrivabene’s dismissal cracks did appear that were exploited by Wolff from the moment he received a free hand of choice from the management of Daimler AG. The Italian press has suspected since February 2020 who escaped the information, but for now they couldn’t prove it. After the Hungarian GP, an FIA engineer present in Budapest confirmed for Giorgio Teruzzi ( old-fashioned journalist, trained under the guidance of the legendary Gianni Cancellieri ) that the information gathered by Red Bull before submitting that October 22 application was obtained from a not-so-second team member of the Scuderia who provided detailed plans for how to activate that spectacular K1 Plus mapping, likened by Lewis Hamilton to “jet mode”. Now, Ferrari has “the cleanest Power Unit on the grid”, the FIA man added. Giorgio Terruzzi published an article in Corriere dello Sport today in which he briefly explains the underside of the situation. From the discussion with him, but also with master Cancellieri, it was made clear to me that there wasn’t a single person suspected of providing secret documentation in the style of Nigel Stepney from 2007. For now, there are suspicions about recruits from Mercedes and Red Bull ( one would be Nigel Ruppert-Nutling, who arrived before the 2019 Canadian GP ) who allegedly instigated the few old members who remained loyal to Arrivabene to extract all necessary documents. On the “mole” system created by Hannibal and much praised and recommended even by an Italian, Machiavelli, in “ The art of war”. Moreover, the transfer of information would have taken place in at least two stages: in the first stage it was possible to find out how the flow meter is avoided with the help of electrical impulses and how the cooling oil enters the combustion chamber. Then it came the addition about the use of quantities of fuel stored before the injectors, which was canceled by Directive 020/2020.

How did Toto Wolff do it? He directed this plan, stored the information, arranged it with the help of Andy Cowell’s engineers and then placed it subtly towards Red Bull known for its conflicting attitude. How those details about how Red Bull and Honda are “stealing electricity” ended at Ferrari, which then sent them to the FIA with whom they collaborated on the 4 directives issued on June 4, has not been fully clarified yet. The essence is that he made the two rivals to hit each other and therefore he took them out of the fight for wins and titles for 2020 and 2021. Moreover, as Autosprint and its chief editor, Mario Donnini, discovered, Wolff was the one who helped his friend Lawrence Stroll’s teams from the shadow to make a pink Mercedes W10. Wolff and Stroll left togheter with Stroll’s private jet after the cancelation of the Australian GP and landed in UK. Soon, Autocar found out that Wolff had bought a small share from Aston Martin Lagonda, and for the future his friend offered him the position of CEO of the brand. On the other side of the barricade, Ferrari announced a restructuring of the team’s ledearship, a restructuring that we will analyze in a future article. As a paradox, always possible in F1, a very generous first offer was put on the table for Andy Cowell, who will leave Mercedes at the end of the year after taking a step back in June.
Odgovori